For some people, bariatric surgery as part of a weight loss program is the best option, if the risks and benefits are carefully considered. According to the guidelines established by the National Institutes of Health, bariatric surgery may be right for you if:
- You have a BMI greater than 40 or a BMI greater than 35 with comorbidities (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.).
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You have an obesity-related condition (also known as a comorbid condition), such as type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure.
- You’ve been unable to lose weight and keep it off through traditional methods like diet and exercise.
- You’re ready to commit to a healthy, active lifestyle.
- You don’t have medical conditions that could cause serious complications during or after surgery.
- You understand the risks and benefits involved with bariatric surgery.
Meeting the physical requirements for weight loss surgery is only the beginning. The next step is to attend a free informational seminar where you will learn about surgical options for weight loss and meet our bariatric team who will support you before and long after your surgery. There’s no pressure to make a commitment—and no better way to get the answers you’re looking for. Of course, family and friends are welcome, too.
To find out more about our weight loss program and our free informational seminars, just click here
Want to talk it over? We’re ready to help. Call us at 1-815-717-8744 if you have questions or concerns or need help registering for or attending the next seminar.